Bill Lindsey brings a passion for reforming mental health care in South Carolina. He has forged relationships with the media, the legislature, advocacy groups, state agencies, health organizations, and most importantly, the families, care givers, and receivers of services of those with mental illness. His sense of humor is an asset unless you are the brunt of it.
Below is a series of activities and accomplishments which he has achieved, however, it does not list the legislative campaigns, bills, and laws too numerous to mention, that he has championed.
- Parent of a son with mental illness
- Previous Director of Education Programs, NAMI SC
- Previous Board Chair of Columbia Area Mental Health
- NAMI National Executive Director of the Year 2013
- Past President of NAMI Mid Carolina
- Member of the State Mental Health Planning Council
- Charter Member of the Returning Veterans Policy Academy
- Member of Partners in Crisis
- Member of the Joint Council on Adolescents
- Member of the SC Institute of Health Behavioral Health Committee
- Senate Appointee of the IMD Study Committee
- SCORxE Committee Member
- State Provider Education Trainer – Rated the Best Provider Program in NAMI
- Family-to-Family Teacher
- NAMI Family Support Group Facilitator
Contact Bill at Bill.Lindsey@namisc.org.